Friday, August 6, 2010

Fun in the Sun and beyond

It's the last day of Fun in the Sun. I'm relieved that it is ending, of course, but a little sad. I will definitely miss the kids and the demand for creativity that this job requires. I haven't decided whether or not I want to do it again next summer. I will keep my options open and see if any other internships or job opportunities come up.

I haven't been blogging as much because we have been working so much on our other blog.

funinthesungoesgreen.blogspot.com

Make sure to check out the field trips page and the special guest pages. I had so much help from family and friends! Andy came in and we built birdhouses, and then we painted them. He is on the special guest page.

I will have a few days of relaxation and then head back up to Santa Cruz and try to move in. I'll be back and forth from Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara before school starts late September. My goals before then:

make a journalism portfolio
make an art portfolio
decorate my house
do a lot of art/music (join a band?)
bike around Santa Cruz
find a job? (maybe intern for the SC city newspaper?)

I already have a job for next year as a writing tutor, helping freshmen with their English papers. It should be fun! I'm excited.

Hope all is well everywhere else, thanks for reading.

<3 Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment